Version History (iOS version)
Submitting a new version to the App Store involves a delay of
approximately a week while Apple carries out various checks.
Version 1.0.6 (released on 9.3.2014)
- A bug causing Version 1.0.5 to crash on launch has been fixed.
Version 1.0.5 (released on 12.2.2014)
- A bug in the Method Finder hs been fixed.
Version 1.0.4 (released on 22.2.2013)
- Updates to the method database can be downloaded from within
- The Settings screen includes a few options for how methods are
- An option to always start the blue line from the tenor, in rows
view. (At the moment, for example in Major methods, the blue line bell is the tenor for methods
with 8ths place at the lead end and the second for methods with
2nds place at the lead end). The Ringing World Diary always starts
from the tenor, and some people like that style.
- An option to highlight runs, in rows view. (A run is a
sequence of 4 or more consecutive bells). Don Morrison's excellent
web site (www.ringing.org)
- In rows view, drawing the line of one bell is now optional.
- An option to apply zooming to all of the methods in a
collection simultaneously. This means that if you are viewing a
method and zoom in by one step, for example, then all of the other
methods in the collection will be zoomed in by one step.
- Some bugs introduced in Version 1.0.3 have been fixed. The main
ones are that adding a new collection was not working, and that
the Save button did not work when viewing a method from the Method
Finder or the Recent Methods collection.
Version 1.0.3 (released on 26.9.2012)
- iAgrams does less work during the start-up phase, so it starts
faster and doesn't crash on older devices.
- When significant amounts of computation are taking place, an
activity indicator ("spinner") is displayed. This provides
reassurance that iAgrams is still working, especially on older devices.
Version 1.0.2 (released on 6.2.2012)
- Updated method database.
- Help screens.
- In Line View or Rows View, it is now possible to zoom out further
than the initial scale, subject to the condition of not making the display too
small. (Thanks to Heather Peachey for noticing a
- Fixing a bug that caused iAgrams to crash when searching for a
method, if a non-alphabetic character was entered that was not the
initial character of any method. (Thanks to Mark Wilson for pointing
Version 1.0.1 (released on 28.1.2012)
- The required minimum iOS version is now 4.0. (Thanks to all those
who pointed out that not everyone is using the latest version of
- If a method is selected repeatedly from the Method Finder, it no
longer appears repeatedly in Recent Methods. (Thanks to Roger Bailey
for suggesting this).
- Recent Methods shows the full title of each method.
Version 1.0 (released on 18.1.2012)
- Sometimes, when iAgrams is first started, the following problem
occurs. Use the Method Finder to view
some methods. Create a new collection. Go into Recent Methods, view
a method and try to save it. The newly created collection does not
appear in the list of collections. (Discovered by Roger Bailey and
Chris Hughes on 18.1.2012; I have not been able to reproduce it).
- The help screens do not display properly in iOS 7.